Today marks the New Moon phase of the lunar cycle. During the New Moon, the moon is invisible to us, as the sun shines on the part we typically refer to as the "dark side of the moon". As a symbol for life, we can say that it is shining on the parts of us that we don't typically show to the world - our dark side, our dreams and fears that we hide from others. Carl Jung calls this our Shadow. We can ask our higher power during this time to bring forth the dreams we have kept hidden and to shine the light on fears we have that need to be dispelled. New Moon carries an enormous amount of energy with it, and to tap into some of this energy, you can practice a New Moon meditation.
- Sit in meditation and ask your higher power to reveal to you the shadow parts of yourself that are ready to be illuminated.
- Write down a dream you've been carrying. Write down a project you want to start working on or a goal you want to achieve.
- Write down any shadow parts of your character you are ready to show to the world.
- Meditate again to ask your higher power to bring your dreams and shadow self into illumination over the next two weeks of the lunar cycle, as the moon becomes whole again.
- Place your list into the flow of the Universe by planting it in the earth as a seed to grow, or throwing it into the ocean to be impressed upon with the lunar tide.